We're looking for a designer to join our team!
Co-Effect is a social purpose creative communication studio based in Toronto.
Our agency was founded with the mission to apply our expertise and creativity to work with socially minded businesses and social, environmental and educational non profits. We are a skilled, bilingual team of strategic thinkers and doers developing projects and creating ‘end to end’ solutions that best address the goals and challenges of our clients.
We believe that creative solutions and meaningful change come from deep understanding. By fostering long-term relationships through collaboration and open communication, we’ve consistently delivered high-quality, engaging brands, memorable campaigns and effective communication tools, assets and insights that help our clients achieve their objectives and amplify their positive impact.
Why work with us?
- You want to apply your skills and creativity to help organization’s and business that are doing good.
- Our smaller studio work environment makes for a more collaborative workspace and encourages opportunities to connect with the rest of the team and our clients.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects that include research, insight, strategy & positioning, print, digital, photography, video/animation, illustration, etc.
- Our studio values a positive work/life balance for our employees
What will you do?
- Research and explore best practices in communications and design
- Develop and execute designs for print, digital and social media
- Develop and/or apply brand systems and standards across media
- Design user friendly communication tools and websites
- Develop designs from concept through to completion (and measurement)
- Continue to apply the latest design and communication trends, resulting in improving skills
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 3+ years professional graphic design experience
- Thoughtfulness and creativity when it comes to communications and developing user experiences and designs
- Proficiency in print and digital/web design
- An understanding of social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter social networks.
- Strong working knowledge of Creative Suite, and/or associated design tools (Sketch, Invision, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and iWork
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence to share and contribute ideas.
- The ability to handle several projects at once.
- Enthusiastic, open to feedback and a team player with a dedication to thoughtful, quality work.
- Attention to detail is an absolute MUST.
- If you have familiarity with universal/accessible design principles and AODA compliance is an additional assets
- If you have video editing/motion graphics skills
- If you have experience with social media ads and understanding of how to increase followers
- If you can do any coding/web development
- If you have good writing/editing skills
- If you are fluent in other languages (especially French)
This is a 3 month contract, with potential for full-time employment.
Compensation is negotiable based on your experience.
How to Apply
Please send the following to email@example.com with the subject line “Future Co-Effect Designer”:
- A cover letter and CV telling a bit us about yourself
- Your portfolio of relatable work